What do meditation, doodling, zentangling, and journaling have in common? They have all been scientifically proven to relieve stress and promote inner calmness and well-being.
Now & Zen brings the benefits of all these methods into one small booklet that you can use for a few moments at a time—or more.
Let Now & Zen be your “mindful moment.”
How to use it
- Simply read it – and re-read it – anytime and anywhere!
- Color in it!
- Add your own “zentangle” and/or “zendoodle” drawings (see below for Ruth’s tutorial plus links to Youtube examples of “Zentangle” and “Zendoodle”)
- Add your own favorite inspirational sayings
- Add your favorite stickers!
- Use as a personal “mini” journal and/or to record special events and/or important dates in your life
Learn more about Zentangle:
Now & Zen Tutorial
The Now & Zen team
Whenever there were turbulent and difficult times in my life, I always found comfort in inspirational sayings and uplifting songs as well as meditation and mindfulness practices like zentangle doodling. So, in 2020, shortly after founding my new non-profit, Strive 2 Thrive Coulee Region, I came up with an idea for the first Now & Zen booklet. It combines all the things that helped me during my challenging times and I hope it will provide a “mindful moment” for others when they need it.
I love creating artwork that is fun and quirky and doesn’t need to be taken seriously. We already have enough despair in the world, why not brighten it up a little. I love to explore different mediums, but my favorite is watercolor. For more information about what I do or what I can do for you, visit my website.
Hi my name is Brianna, but my nickname is Bri. I am 11 years old. I enjoy art, making videos, painting and drawing with markers. I love ice cream and trying new foods.